02 December 2007

Vegan Root Beer Ice Cream

So a few months ago I came across Vegan Ice Cream Paradise and decided that I wanted to give making my own vegan ice cream a try. I bought this ice cream maker and I was on my way. I looked around for various veganize ice cream recipes but they all seemed too complicated (to me) so I decided to just veganize the recipes that come with the maker and it worked perfectly! (when the ice cream comes out of the machine it's the consitancy of a frosty from wendy's, if you want a firm ice cream you can scoop you have to put it in the freezer for 3-4 hours to harden) We've done basic vanilla, chocolate almond, cookies and cream, mint cookies and cream, and last night for my party I decided to make root beer ice cream, it tasted just like a root beer float!

Here's the recipe:
2 cups of silk creamer (plain)
1 cup of silk soymilk (plain)
3/4 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp root beer extract (I used zatarain's)

mix the ingredients together and pour into ice cream maker.
run maker for 20 minutes and then put ice cream in freezer to harden.
(not sure how this would work with other ice cream makers but i think any that have the freezer bowl would be able to use this recipe)

No comments: